Monday, January 6, 2014

Written December 15, 2013

Hey, I still have 14 minutes left over from my e-mail last night. So I will just tell you some other stuff. 

Firstly, Sister Olsten sent me an e-mail, but my reply didn't work for some reason. So, I just want her to know that I received it and appreciated it and I'm sorry my reply didn't work. I will try again later if I have time.

I forgot to tell you that I am happy this week, although pretty tired. Just to assure you that  I am fine.

We are singing a song in Sacrament Meeting before we leave, my district wanted to sing it a'capella, which is ridiculous, since I can play the piano, but whatever, they are all a lot better than me. It should be fun. I found a lot of songs I really like here, like All Creatures of our God and King is a really good song that  I never paid attention to.

We are teaching a lesson on the Atonement in District Meeting today and I was thinking about how faith and the Atonement are related and I thought it was interesting to notice how Christ is central to the Gospel of course, and the Atonement is central to His role as Savior. And then that plays a huge part in every part of the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel (faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, enduring to the end), but maybe that was obvious.

I didn't sign anyone's journals last week when a lot of the sisters we were good friends with left, because I didn't have anything meaningful to say. And this week I gave in and wrote in everyone's, which was dumb, because I just wrote basically the same things. I don't feel that sad, because I am confident that every time I leave someone, I will see them soon, when we are dead. Which isn't a morbid thought, but rather a hopeful one. Elder Hesterman said it is like the Gospel that I didn't accept writing in journals with the first missionaries, but then I did with later sets, so that was funny.

Anyways,
Love you all still. I'll call tomorrow, Mom and Dad. Also, sorry if  I didn't explain that Spanish thing correctly, (do you know what is funny?, sometimes I just start writing in Spanish, but that is the only automatic Spanish thing I will ever do). Anyways, love you bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment